The Hughes 9250 offers a number of data interfaces, including ISDN for your legacy applications and a WLAN access point, which enables you to create a temporary wireless office for up to 11 simultaneous users.
Delivering near maximum bandwidth available on the BGAN network for Standard IP data applications and up to 128kbps for Streaming IP, the HNS 9250 is a highly effective voice and broadband data connectivity solution for emergency responders, aid, media and other commercial sector organizations requiring communications on the move.
Applications and benefits
• Imagine connecting at IP broadband rates of up to 492 kbps (depending on look angle) transmit and receive while on the move—with a complete mobile communications package that includes an IP broadband satellite IP modem and tracking antenna.
• That’s exactly what comes with the breakthrough Hughes 9250 mobile satellite terminal. How it works.
• The Hughes 9250 allows you to send and receive IP packet data via Ethernet and WLAN interfaces in a land-vehicular application.
• In parallel with the packet data services, the same terminal supports a circuit switched voice call or a 64kbps ISDN data call.
• The Hughes terminal controls the tracking antenna through the Antenna Control Unit (ACU). This small interface box modulates control signals from the terminal onto the RF link between the terminal and the antenna.
• All components are powered by a single power supply that plugs into a vehicular 12V power source. The Hughes 9250 is easy to install on any vehicle—the compact tracking antenna is packaged with a magnetic roof mount and a single cable connection.
• Ideal for emergency responders, reporters, and mobile workers who need reliable, high-speed connectivity on the move.
• Collaborate with staff back at headquarters using video, voice, and data simultaneously.
• Create a wireless hotspot for team members on the scene using the built-in WiFi Access Point.
• The Hughes 9250 is IP-compatible and offers selectable, dedicated Quality of Service levels.
A MUST FOR: • Corporate disaster planners • Emergency First Responders and • Public Safety Workers • Remote field lone worker personnel • Mobile Healthcare Technicians • Media Reporters • Remote Industrial Oil, Gas